I have been known to eat just about any pizza that’s put in front of me. In fact I have a pizza motto: there’s no such thing as a bad pizza, only bad attitudes. Because let’s be honest, even the worst pizza recipe still includes three of my favorite things: bread, cheese and tomato sauce. At its most basic level, pizza has everything I could want in a meal and if you do it right, you’ll win my heart forever. And that’s why this week we’re giving you the inside scoop on making a pizza from scratch using the MultiChef oven.
Now despite the fact that I will eat any pizza, I do know a good pizza from a great one, and in most cases the deciding factor is the pizza dough. I want chewy, crunchy, soft and certainly not soggy crust. That is why the MultiChef oven is the perfect vehicle for making a great pizza fast. Using a combination of convection, direct infrared and rotary air impingement technology, the MultiChef omits microwaves from the fast cooking equation an produces the highest quality food possible in a matter of minutes. So let’s dive right into this pizza recipe so we can all eat!
The dough is the most time consuming portion of this meal, so I suggest prepping dough in advance and taking it out once you’re ready to eat or serve a delicious pizza pie.
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand for about ten minutes, or until creamy.
- Carefully stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth or kneed with hands. (We prefer to kneed the dough with hands, but you can certainly use the dough hook on your mixer if you’re not up for an arm workout)
- Allow dough to rest for at least five minutes.
Next up is the sauce. You can either use a premade pizza sauce or if you’re really looking to provide a “from scratch” experience, try the recipe below.
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon basil
1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon ground paprika
- In a medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Now comes the fun part. Time to make the pizza!
- Roll out your dough
- Cover in sauce
- Add cheese and additional toppings to taste.
- Cook on pizza screen in MultiChef for 3:30 minutes on 460˚
It’s really that simple. And in less than four minutes you’ve crafted a pizza from scratch to enjoy yourself or serve to your customers. Creating a homemade pizza or flat bread is easy enough for any employee to handle, but most importantly, it will increase your bottom line and keep customers coming back for more!
Create your Own Pizza Graphic Designed by Freepik